1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Squeaky R2

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Hellsbells17, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Hellsbells17

Hellsbells17 Member

Brand new only on the third print and it is starting to squeak very bad. Can make out the location yet.

2. jwmueller

jwmueller Active Member

I found the pulleys to be rubbing the bearings inside the frame, and it makes a horrible sound. Sometimes it was only in one direction, and once I replaced my rods I set it too tight and the noise was horrid on one axis. I ordered in some shims now as I think the pulley itself can rub both the inner and outer races of the bearing, causing that metal on metal noise.

So quick solution, take your pulley on the stepper side of the frame. Loosen those set screws and pinch that pulley towards the middle pulley. This will not hurt your alignment since that is tied to the innermost pulley sets. That should be enough to pull it away from the outer bearing and stop the sound. You can probably get some lube on the backside of the pulley, just keep it off the belt.

3. Hellsbells17

Hellsbells17 Member

I ended up dripping some liquid teflon on the pulleys and the squeaking went away.

supercazzola likes this.