1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

C2 non-functional after update

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by DannyK, Aug 19, 2017.

1. DannyK

DannyK New Member

I've been using my C2 for a few days now. I've had a couple printing issues here and there, filament curling up halfway through print job, filament extruding when not printing, etc. But now I have a dead unit. I've got my C2 connected through ethernet and interfacing using Chrome. It reported there were updates so I proceeded to update. The last one I did was the LCD 1.6.1 (?) Now when it boots it just sits at the login prompt. Eventually the screen just goes blank (with just the backlight). Cannot connect via web interface nor do I get the menu on the LCD. Is it possible to revert previous firmware or some other kind of factory restore?

Attached Files:

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Something got corrupted on the µSD card. There are a many posts on where to get an image to reflash the card and how to reflash it in Windows or iOS.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Your best bet is to call Robo and request a replacement SD card.
    You can try this via their replacement parts request form, but best approach is a phone call.

There are some places here on the forum that, as @WheresWaldo has pointed out, you can download an image and burn it to an SD card yourself. Only downside to that is Robo wants the machine name unique (but you can change it if you are familiar with the Raspberry Pi). Still as a way to prove that it will fix the issue you can start there.

4. DannyK

DannyK New Member

Mark/Waldo... thanks for the responses. I'm familiar enough with Pi to DIY this so I will give it a try. Found an image posted by OutsourcedGuru titled c2-restore-image so I think I have what I need. Will update again once I have results.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Just do yourself a favor and change the name of the machine once you burn the image and get it running.

OutsourcedGuru likes this.