1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Weird Error: Bed hits the Nozzle and R2 Fails to Print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Sefa, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Sefa

Sefa New Member

Hi All,

It has been over a month since I have my Robo R2 and I could have around 10 successful prints and the rest have been failure. The weird thing was, my R2 would print some files fine and it would have this weird issue where the bed hits the nozzle and locks the screen with Bed Disconnected error. You can see it through the video, now I get it for every print (even the demo prints that are installed in the printer) and it also happens for Fine Tune Offset.

What do you think is causing this possibly? I was so hyped about my Robo R2 when I preordered, but it has been a disappointment so far. I was able to have more successful prints with my $250 Monoprice.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

seems like your IR sensor isn't working. Might want to get Robo on the phone for 2 things. One the IR isn't working...2 if you have had it for that long and only 10 successful prints you need a new Robo sent to you and that one sent back

3. jwmueller

jwmueller Active Member

Clean the IR sensor with some IPA and q-tip or better quality paper towel. See if that helps.

Geof likes this.
  4. Sefa

Sefa New Member

Thank you guys! After checking the other users with IR issue, I realized that it is G29 command that initiates the auto leveling. I did a test and send G29 via Octoprint and the error occured again. I simply deleted G29 from Octoprint and had a successful print. It seems that IR sensor is not functional, as cleaning it did not help. I am in touch with Robo people and hoping to get a IR replacement.