1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R2 received and in production!

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by jscottb, Sep 15, 2017.

1. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

What you could do is use a k-probe temperature meter on a known/optimized printer, put the probe end to the tip of the (clean) extruder and measure your offset from some arbitrary settings like 90C, 100C, 120C and plot those against your readings. Determine the average delta and there you go.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

It may sound silly but you could just do the PID tune ;)

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

In this case if you do that I am sure you want to set those via the flash eprom rather than in the firmware. Otherwise if you let RoboOS update the firmware later .. *POOF* they are gone.

Geof likes this.
  4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

So 'guru', if you are really who you say you are, how do you propose @jscottb tweak the numbers if he doesn't know what they are. Also a 14° discrepancy can be attributed to measuring on top of the bed and the sensor on the bottom of the bed, which it actually is. And since these are not precise pieces of machinery there is really no need for precision if you have repeat-ability. If @jscottb's bed is 14° off every time it is set to 80° then make a mental note that this particular printer is off a bit. If you must have it exact then swapping beds will not get you what you think you want. It will still be off now with a new number. If you insist that it also be precise, then you can alter the look up table used in thermistor.h. Auto tuning only makes the power going to the heated bed more consistent so it doesn't overshoot or undershoot as much. I would bet that Robo would not RMA based on this issue, I could be wrong as I have no real clue of their thought processes..

So why are you making this more complicated than it needs to be, just use the damn printer and if it sticks, your golden, if you need more heat to keep it stuck, raise the temp in your slicer settings a few degrees.

Now to be fair, I was just responding directly to the information you gave previously which was wholly inaccurate.

5. jscottb

jscottb Member

I have no issues with the bed being off and am fine with it as long as it consistent, and it seems to be. The octoprint profiles have been changed now as well as my slicer settings. I do realize the measurements I did where not exact, but they were consistent and for the ir I "piped" it and the k type was taped down an the bed center with no bed movement. This is not as accurate as I would like it to be, but better than nothing. With me upping the settings @15 degs, my prints are sticking very nicely now. Thanks to everyone for the input.

6. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

Well @WheresWaldo, let's review what I said earlier. I've highlighted pertinent pieces of information here. I think most people then would read that as a guess rather than as gospel.

7. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Inaccurate is inaccurate no matter how you preface it.