1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo R2 Creating 100% Infill when 15% is Specified in Cura

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Bryan Kasun, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Bryan Kasun

Bryan Kasun New Member

I have a batch of prints going. It says on the screen of the print initially that it is set to 15% infill as specified in Cura. But, the machine is clearly printing at 100% infill. Any ideas as to why it is doing this?? Is this a setting, on the machine, or within Cura? Please help!

2. jscottb

jscottb Member

It would be in the slicer options you are using. Are you slicing with a local copy of Cura, or sending the STL to the printer and getting Octoprint to slice it? If it's on the printer, then you can ssh into the RPI and changes the slicer profile.

I slice locally with Cura or Simplified3d and don't remember if I used the Robo octoprint slicer.

3. Bryan Kasun

Bryan Kasun New Member

Hi There! I am not using Octoprint. I am using Cura for Robo and transferring the file via USB, and reading file from USB. So far, I have had issues getting the Octoprint and wireless transfer direct from Cura to work well. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't... Any ideas if using Cura for Robo? It almost seems like there are some settings being overwritten on the printer side or Octoprint side that are overpowering the commands it receives from the Cura file...

4. jscottb

jscottb Member

Are you generating a gcode file and sending that to the printer or are you sending the .stl file to it? You will want to send a gcode file if you are slicing from the computer side.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Only the slicer controls this, not the printer.

6. Bryan Kasun

Bryan Kasun New Member

I am sending a GCODE file, not the STL directly....

7. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

What's your model like and what are your slicer settings? bit hard to comment without knowing anything. For example if the width of a part is less than twice the wall thickness you specified you'll never actually be using infill...

mark tomlinson likes this.
  8. Beard_cula

Beard_cula New Member

The default Bottom and top layers are set at a ridiculously high number. It's likely your model has a similar number of layers as what that adds up to (speaking from experience)

supercazzola and Geof like this.