1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Temperature FALL Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by KTMDirtFace, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Mike Toole

Mike Toole Member

well, it looks to point really close the nozzle tip. But now that I am thinking about it. let me ask a question.
    I recently removed the heat sink and the tube it goes over from the square hot end along with the nozzle for a total cleaning type process. Is it possible that the tube that goes inside the heat sink (even though tight) is not in to the heated section deep enough which in turn would lower the installed height of the hot section down in to the air flow more of the fan? Or am I splitting hairs?
    Plus remember, I just changed out my thermistor as well due to a failure. I never had any of these issues prior to that.....

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I assume you mean the heat break :)

Here is a picture of the parts to clear up terminology:

hotend_thumb.jpg

(that is a volcano style, but the idea is the same). When you put the heat break into the heater block it should go in to the point where the narrow section is just sticking out above the heater block. Then the nozzle goes in until it STOPS up against the end of the heat break. Inside the heater block. The two parts must mate up. That is what provides the seal and prevents leaks. So there is no variance in how they go back together and consequently how long it will be assembled :)

When you switch hotends (from a hexagon to say and E3D) they are different lengths and that can end up with a fan pointed at the wrong spot. In that case you need to print a new fan mount (they are on Thingiverse). Assuming all is stock you may just need to check the assembly. All brands assemble the same way.

3. Mike Toole

Mike Toole Member

Then yes, I most likely did it wrong. I installed the nozzle into the heat block fully first. then I installed the heat break until it bottomed. And it did look to be sticking out further than I remembered but didn't think much of it at the time. It would however lower the heat block slightly.
    after this print is complete, I will disassemble, clean the threads of the heating block, install the heat break as instructed, the nozzle, heat sink and then reinstall the assembly. Just to make sure I did it properly and then run again. See if there is a difference.

Thanks for enlightening me on the proper terminology.

:)

MT

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. Mike Toole

Mike Toole Member

or just leave the fan set @ 65% and call it good. lol.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It can get confusing if you are not "in the know" on the technical terms :)

Mike Toole likes this.