1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

There may be a beneficial feature of the newest Marlin for C2 Owners

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by WheresWaldo, Oct 16, 2017.

1. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

In the last two versions of Marlin (1.1.5 and 1.1.6) there is a feature called Level_Bed_Corners. I have not investigated it very much since I don't have a C2 and am happy with MESH leveling. It is basically designed for beds that are believed to be flat (not warped) and forces the head to move to each corner where a bed level adjustment screw is located for ease at manual leveling. If someone is interested in this I have the source for 1.1.6 already modified for the R2 here: https://github.com/WheresWaldo/Marlin_for_R2 in the 'dev' branch. I would try to provide some guidance on what needs to be modified for C2 use. and provide instructions.

2. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

I archived up the source and then just the configuration files that changed. Please note that I have made every effort to comment where Robo3D has deviated from the Marlin development defaults by adding a comment to the end of the appropriate lines ( //[robo] ). That should make the changes easier to spot. Also any changes I have made in an effort to improve printer performance as well as transparency have been commented ( //[BH] ).

Attached Files:

#2 WheresWaldo, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yep, interested

4. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

This version of Marlin for the C2 has Unified Bed Leveling (UBL) enabled and the routine to level the bed must be performed at least once. I am pretty sure it will need to be done from a terminal screen in the OctoPrint release within RoboOS. I am also sure that any wizards that pertain to leveling the bed or positioning the hotend will not work in the same RoboOS. All other RoboOS features remain unaffected. The source has only been tested to compile with the Arduino IDE version 1.8.5.

Marlin write-up on UBL is located here: http://marlinfw.org/docs/features/unified_bed_leveling.html

5. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

New version of configuration files for the C2, just replace the ones in the source directory. Homing is at the top left rear corner, movement is only 10 mm away instead of 25 mm total.

Attached Files:

Cropduster likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

This is for which version ?
    Or does it matter (1.1.5 and 1.1.6 I presume)?

7. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

1.1.6 so you can download my source from post 2 above and the config files from post 5 and overwrite the Marlin files and be all set. Or you can download Marlin from the release page and then the config files from post 5

mark tomlinson likes this.
  8. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

Definitely interested in the long-term. Having shimmed things, it's looking a lot better now. I've purchased some hardware for the corner/manual approach but haven't done anything about that yet.

Given that I want to later develop a completely-different heated bed and research some adhesion concepts, I would need to investigate things which don't rely upon a Robo-supplied (black) tape nor (black) BuildTak and a dependency upon the IR.

9. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Please note that these files for the C2 are wholly experimental in nature. I know my modifications work on the R2 but cannot test them for the C2. Hence this disclaimer.

Geof likes this.
  10. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

11. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Will test them perhaps this weekend. Won't be sooner, sorry.

12. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

:D just eggin ya on ;)