1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer Print Stuck on Z1

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Chris Pooley, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Chris Pooley

Chris Pooley New Member

Every time I try to print now every model gets stuck on Z1. So each level is printed on the same level rather than going up with the layer height. I have tried re slicing and using different software but still prints on one layer. This has only happened recently since I upgraded to MESH and I’m yet to get a successful print out of my printer since. And help would be great.
    Thanks

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @Chris Pooley. Can you link us what firmware you used? What printer do you have? Have you reverted back to the Robo supplied firmware and verified everything worked ok?

3. Chris Pooley

Chris Pooley New Member

I have used the latest firmware from the MESH thread by whereswaldo, I have the R1 Plus and I haven't tried reverting back to standard firmware as I was hoping to fix this before attempting that.

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Chris, did it start right after upgrading? Can you move Z with commands, like G1 Z10?

5. Chris Pooley

Chris Pooley New Member

It was fine straight after I changed the firmware and levelled the bed. I had a print get half way through before I stopped it. So I was working at the time

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

R1 or R1+?

7. Chris Pooley

Chris Pooley New Member

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

So, if both Z steppers are failing that means it is not likely the stepper driver since the R1+ has one for each Z rod.
    I'd suggest rolling back the firmware to insure you know if it is a hardware issue or not.

Geof likes this.
  9. Chris Pooley

Chris Pooley New Member

I’m not sure if the z steppers are failing because I can move them manually and on my lcd screen it just reads 1 rather than the usual decimal

10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

It would more likely be a common component rather than 2 stepper drivers or two stepper motors.

If it started post-firmware update you need to confirm that is not part of the problem