1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

E3Ds Blog post on the new bowden tube craze

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Geof, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

2. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

Seems like an awful lot of expense for something you can compensate for with standard tubing by installing the clips shown and keeping the tube as short as you can without introducing unnecessarily tight bends.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

No clue? I dont know if it genuinely helps in performance or is just a "fad"

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

#4 WheresWaldo, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  5. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Seems like someone was in need of marketing/visibility and went the cheap way of blabbing a lot about nothing new.

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I picked up a meter of it from @Printed Solid for a delta I have nothing but issues with, will give it a go on that and maybe one of the Robos. Curiousity more than thinking it will do anything ;)

7. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

So, funny story about the Capricorn tubing. They were at MRRF this year, as was I, and as was E3D. I saw what they were selling and talked about it with Sanjay from E3D. At the time, both of us kind of shrugged it off as a solution to an imaginary problem.

Somehow in the intervening months, both myself and E3D have come to the conclusion that it actually makes more of a difference than we had thought. For me it was a printer I had converted to Bowden that was giving me nothing but problems. All resolved with the conversion from standard 2X4 bowden over to the Capricorn. I've heard the same stories from a number of customers.

Product page is here if you want to give it a try.
    http://printedsolid.com/products/capricorn-xs-reduced-friction-bowden-tubing

WheresWaldo and Geof like this.