1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Done with ROBO 3D -- * FOR SALE*

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by aaronwstone, Nov 1, 2017.

1. aaronwstone

aaronwstone New Member

After three months of screwing with Robo3D im done with it. Bought the printer, it never worked, sent it back for repair, they replaced a bunch of parts and sent it back. It was worse after i got it back than it was before. They won't refund me and they just sent me a new printer. Ive got ZERO interest in it.

$1,000 and ill ship it for free in the US.

IMG_0465.JPG IMG_0466.JPG

2. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

Put a big "RETURN TO SENDER" on the box and dispute the charge on your card before the usual 3 months time span is over for disputing them with credit card companies?

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @aaronwstone best of luck with your sale buddy! Sorry to hear of all the issues. I hate to say it but you would likely be lucky to get about half that in the "used" 3dp market. I know its in the box but is not direct from robo with a warranty and all that jazz. If you want to stay with 3d printing we are all more than happy to help you out overcoming any issues you have? (obviously we cant do what Robo can, but that doesn't stop us from getting machines running :D )

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Probably well beyond the time for doing that on the original charge and at this point they have been just swapping the printer. Good idea though if still within the window.

5. Dan

Dan Legendary
    Staff Member

Aaron,
    I am going to send you a PM. I want you to get in contact with me. No need for you to sell it, I'll help you

aaronwstone, mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
  6. aaronwstone

aaronwstone New Member

Yeah it's not that serious. Robo has done everything they can to make it right. No hard feelings toward them at all.

7. aaronwstone

aaronwstone New Member

Overcoming the issues via forum support is what i tried for the first two months lol..

8. aaronwstone

aaronwstone New Member

This is awesome.. Thank you.

9. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

Sorry for all the b/s you had to put up with. I'm guessing it's a good thing that they replaced the entire printer versus trying to fix the last one.

I do know that Allen himself checks the printers that go out to make sure that they're in good order and they've upgraded the way they're shipping out packages so that's one last thing to worry about.

Like others have suggested, ask your questions on the forum, talk about what you're seeing and start getting some results. The printer—out of the box and with the standard settings—is okay for printing the samples but when you go past that, it's time to dial things in and that's where the forum helps.

Start with PLA and use rafts in your own designs. Learn to tweak the settings in your slicer to ditch those rafts to start making cleaner parts. Next, start playing with the heated bed settings when you start to see parts curling up on the edges, for example.

Is it a challenge? Yes, but it's a fun challenge. It's an opportunity to use my brain and I like that about the printer.