1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Drying filament

Discussion in 'Projects' started by mark tomlinson, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

2. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

Speaking of cheap hacks, just picked up an inexpensive heating pad in the reptile section of a pet store. I think the price point was around $10 but I'll see what I can do to hook it up, maybe with a triac or something like that. Could use it to dry filament or to raise the internal temperature of the C2's print volume.

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Active Member

I found an inexpensive food dehydrator on Amazon from a company called Good Cooking. The reviews weren't so good but the price was right for what it comes with. It has a digital temperature display, and a digital timer built in. I bought a cake carrier from Target, and had to cut the bottom. It had a groove on the bottom that was a perfect fit for this machine. The Print Dry machine doesn't have digital controls. The filament carriers look good, and don't require any modifications but are more expensive than cake carriers when you add the cost of shipping since they are coming from Canada.