1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved extruder nozzle and hotend

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by WineBirds, Nov 27, 2017.

1. WineBirds

WineBirds New Member

I need a new nozzle for my R1 plus.Where do most users buy them?And what is the model number or specs. for them.Robo support only said I can get them @ hardware stores but in Conn. where I am they do not have them that I can find.I would like to get one right away if possible but online takes time to ship and I am confused as to correct one.I know I want the .4mm but what about the thread size,etc?I use only PLA right now and am using original brass nozzle it came with,support said stay with brass.Hotend seems ok but should I change it or upgrade it while it is down.Where to get them also?Robo has them for $39 but online others sell for less.Thanks for any help.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Amazon, AliExpress, Banggood, Printed Solid depending on what you want.

All you need is the nozzle size (Robo default is 0.40 mm) and the threads need to be M6 (many times referred to as 'E3Dv6 Compatible').

WineBirds likes this.
  3. WineBirds

WineBirds New Member

thanks.will try those sites.hoping shipping is fast,want to get printing asap

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Not from the China vendors ... not fast. Use Amazon and look for the E3Dv6 compatible nozzles if you need fast. Or PrintedSolid.com

WineBirds likes this.
  5. Rod Smith

Rod Smith Member

I just bought a MicroSwiss nozzle via eBay. (Here's the listing, FWIW.) It looks like it shipped straight from the manufacturer, and arrived in just a few days, despite the Thanksgiving holidays. It was $14.99 shipped. This model is plated for wear resistance, so if I decide to print an unusually abrasive filament (like glow-in-the-dark, carbon fiber, or various metals), I won't ruin this nozzle printing just a spool or two. For the moment, it'll be a spare part for me, though. Note also that this means I can't promise the part I bought will work, since I've not yet tried it. Based on my research it should, though.

6. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Just a note about using steel or plated nozzles. This may or may not be significant. Brass is a much better and more even conductor of heat than steel in any form. So you may need to consider slightly slowing down your print speed so that the filament spends enough time heating .

WineBirds likes this.
  7. WineBirds

WineBirds New Member

I went to Printed Solid,they are great,recieved my order in less than 48 hrs. with standard shipping methods (free on black Friday weekend) I will go to them for now on.Thanks for the help!

8. WineBirds

WineBirds New Member