1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hello From Michigan

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by mannhouse51, Dec 11, 2017.

1. mannhouse51

mannhouse51 New Member

Hello Everyone . I Just ordered my first Robo R1 plus . I can't wait to check it out. I currently have a Monoprice Select Mini which has and is still serving me well. It's just a bit small. I'm a 48 yr old pattern maker and family man and....I'm in college (again) LOL. Taking up autodesk autocad 2017. Ughh , things sure have changed. Looking forward to getting to know some folks here. See Ya

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum! I used autocad when I first started 3D Printing and found Fusion 360 (also autodesk) more up to the job (or easier for me ;) ). May be worth looking into if you start struggled with auto cad.

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the R1+. I have a few of them and love em.

4. mannhouse51

mannhouse51 New Member

I got home from work today and there was a box delivered. I unboxed the printer and a belt was laying on the print bed. Soooo...my first experience with robo as a company was to call the Help Line, LOL. The print head belt (x carriage) wasn't zip tied. Luckily I had a few zip ties which I only needed one. The printer then worked flawlessly. I made a comb LOL Now it's registered and under warranty. It appears robo has great support. I'm super excited to see what this thing can do :)

Geof likes this.
  5. mannhouse51

mannhouse51 New Member

Oh , and on another note . I have fushion360 loaded on my pc for my class but I haven't got a chance to use it...YET. It looks pretty cool though.

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

At least you are going to be creating models.
    If all you are doing is printing other peoples models... you are limiting the use of the printer a LOT :)

Geof likes this.