1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Filament stuck in hotend

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by 3dinla, Dec 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3dinla

3dinla New Member

Not sure if this is a clog or a jam, but I have a length of filament stuck in my R1+ hot end. After reading a forum thread here on how to remove the hotend and watching Novice Expert's video on the subject, I'm stuck at "and you can remove the filament."

When I push/pull on the filament, it is loose, but there is something on the end that is inside the hotend preventing me from pulling it all the way out. Is there more that I can take apart with the hot end while I've got it disassembled? Or is this something I'll have to put back together and heat up first?

Attached Files:

2. usafitz

usafitz Member

You can start up your printer and make the hot end over 180 to get the filament melting... watch out for the hot end, but the hex part will be safe. Just grab the Filament with tweezers or needle nose and pull it out.

This happens often to me on my R1+ after I let everything sit for a couple days after a print.

Exposed filament will become brittle and snap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. 3dinla

3dinla New Member

Thank you! I ended up losing the piece further in, but I heated the end and pushed it through with a different piece of filament and I think I got it all out one way or the other.

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.