1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Whats the sd card reader for ?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mannhouse51, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mannhouse51

mannhouse51 New Member

I've been trying to use the sd card on this robo r1 plus. I save the gcode to the card . Put the sd card in the robo and start the print from my pc. Then I'm supposed to be able to disconnect the printer from my pc and she'll run from the sd card. Well , it doesn't work . LOL Any help would be appreciated , Thanks

2. mannhouse51

mannhouse51 New Member

Somehow I hit "solved" and it's not solved..LOL .

3. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Depends on the software or what you launched it from the SD card. With Simplify3D if you tell it to launch the print from the SD card you then need to pull the USB cable to let it print unattended. With an LCD controller you don't need to do any of that, just start it from the SD card with the LCD. No PC required.

5. mannhouse51

mannhouse51 New Member

Hey it's working :). I guess what screwed me up is matter control says "no files found"...but then the upper left control box says robo printing from SD card. The first time I got it to work , then I turned off my pc. I came back a couple hours later and turned my pc on and the print quit , because the printer auto connects...which must over ride the sd card?? This time I just unplugged the usb cable and all is well . I'm thinking about that xxl controller I read about might be handy. At least for now it Works! Thank you very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.