1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Another M999 "error"

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by crazas, Dec 26, 2017.

1. crazas

crazas Member

After a few layers my printer stop working and I get the M999 (I am aware that this is not and error by itself)
    For some reason I can not access my communication log so I am not able to check the error

"READ: Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

READ: Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

READ: Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)"

BUT this is a screen cap from the temp plot, it shows the extruder temp going down from 195 to 0 in just a few seconds but also the bed temp doing just the same thing from 60 to 0.

This makes me think that the thermsitor (not even sure if that is the name) is going to be "non guilty" but I need help from the Robo Gurus on this one..
    Thanks in advance

Luis

Attached Files:

2. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

It is not the temperature going to 0, it's the temperature setpoint going to 0 when everything gets disabled due to the error.
    The read temp is the solid line, and you can see the error is the extruder temp falling and not managing to maintain the set point anymore. If that doesn't get back up in time you get an error.

Could be a problerm with the heater cartridge mounting or wiring, or the extruder heating circuitry.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. crazas

crazas Member

Going o check wiring. Thanks

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is in the FAQ post too :)

5. crazas

crazas Member

Wiring looks ok

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Looks are not as important as continuity.
    Make sure you disconnect them from the RAMPS (the thermistor connector) and read it back with a multimeter -- should be around 100 kohms. While doing that wiggle the wire harness and the connectors for the thermistor down on the hotend. Watch to see if the resistance jumps or falls any.

7. Braxston Perry

Braxston Perry New Member

I just open the box for my Robo 3D R1+ and I’m having the same problem please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

9. Braxston Perry

#9 Braxston Perry, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Yes, if you just got it and it is under warranty that is an option. Sadly with this error unless it is a loose connector you are going to need to replace hardware (a thermistor most likely).

11. Braxston Perry

Wow, that’s really discouraging. I hope the next model I receive doesn’t have the same or a different hardware issue.

12. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Anything is possible, the shipping can be rough on what is actually a fairly precision machine.
    It could have simply been loose quick disconnect connectors (which I mentioned in the post I linked to for that error) so those could be easily checked, but otherwise it is a bad part.

Geof likes this.
  13. Braxston Perry

I checked the wires, reconnected everything and tried another print. I’m still having the same issues. I’m just going to reorder. Hopefully, I’ll have better luck on the next one.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  14. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Best of luck, that helps provide Robo feedback too since they end up having to deal with the returns from the reseller. It is good feedback :)

Braxston Perry likes this.