1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Z Offset Calibration Stays at Left Corner

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by KingaLing, Dec 30, 2017.

1. KingaLing

KingaLing New Member

I have a question, I have been unable to use my C2 for a few months as I travel for work and did not have the time to print. Now that I have a week off, I powered up the printer, and initially had my LCD stay white. I looked through the forum, was able to reload the software on the card and then upgraded through Octoprint, thanks to @OutsourcedGuru for the assist on that, from an earlier thread where he posted the initial image.

Now that you know the back story, when I go to set the Z offset, it brings the bed up, and then moves the hot end to the front left corner but then stays there, it does not move to the middle of the bed like it used to a few months ago. I am not sure if this is new software functionality or it's missing something. The reason I ask, is because I printed this coaster file, but I down scaled it to 30mm and the initial layers are good, but the detail at the top isn't great. I have used Octoprint and Cura 2.5, with the same results. Any assistance or help would be greatful

Attached Files:

OutsourcedGuru likes this.
  2. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Yes it's new behavior since a few months.

Your issue is likely insufficient layer printing time for proper cooling.

3. KingaLing

KingaLing New Member

OK, thanks for the reply, after all night and using fresh eyes, I noticed I had the layer height to .5 instead of 0.5, lol I feel like an idiot.