1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Auto-leveling just... quit working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Park A., Dec 23, 2017.

1. jim3Dbot

jim3Dbot Active Member

Oh! Ohm out from the large electrolytic capacitor Positive pad to a pin of the 3 pin connector, that's 5v....then from the negative pad to the 3 pin connector, that's ground...................apply +5v, then test IR sensor.....

mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
  2. Jerry RoBo 3D

Jerry RoBo 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

Wait until we release the new version of the firmware. Way faster homing sequence! Not sure when it's coming out but we are testing it a lot first.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Beta testers needed?

4. Alton keel

Alton keel New Member

I am having the same problems. It seems the IR sensor board is broken. How do I order one. My printer is under warranty but I just want to order a replacement part asap.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Call Robo :) Sadly that is the long and the short of it for a quick answer.
    I am not sure what part (exactly) that sensor is that you can substitute.
    I am sure it is available somewhere, I am also sure I don't know what the part is.

6. jim3Dbot

jim3Dbot Active Member

Alton, Here are the dimensions of the IR from this thread...Uncertain of the mechanical dimensions that Robo implemented for the R2, however, these are available thru Ebay......search .......https://www.ebay.com/itm/152929325455.

http://community.robo3d.com/index.p...aint-sure-of-success-now-stage-10.6601/page-5

permalink #86

Here's some pic's of progress towards the goal of fabbing a complete IR assembly. Board size - 0.920" x 0.700" with mtg holes 0.725" centers. Mounting.holes are 0.100" dia, ( accommodates #2-56 pan-head machine screws ) with over 0.200" dia. clearance for screw-head. Mounts to stock robo carriage screw, Mount IR loosely with 2-56 nuts in recessed channels, slide to best height & snug screws. If anyone needs the stl file, let me know...otherwise still work in progress............Take Care

Oh, I should say check Robo first, if you cannot purchase one quickly...I'm sure this will work but, mechanically may be different.

#46 jim3Dbot, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  7. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@jim3Dbot good to hear from you again, I have a substitute fan shroud that I could modify with a second set of holes to use this IR. It is downloadable in a variety of formats here http://a360.co/2zNqr5Z. It uses all 30 mm fans.

8. jim3Dbot

jim3Dbot Active Member

Hey Waldo!......Thanks for that....hope that will work for Mr. Alton.......I have been spending my time remodeling, (finishin') the home.....before I get too old to function........moved a trap door, that's fun & installing hardwood floor....along with wood ceiling in great room........hope I live long enough to finish it.....

9. Jerry RoBo 3D

Jerry RoBo 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

Be sure to contact support if you need a replacement part. We have those in stock and our support guys are really well caught up with their support tickets these days.

jim3Dbot likes this.