1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Next project is an r/c airplane from 3dlabprint.com. has anyone here attempted this yet ?

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Jerry Normandin, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Jerry Normandin

I am expecting my Robo R1 + to arrive January 10th 2018. I am replacing my Wanhao Duplicator I3. The wanhao needed to be unclogged and recalibrated more often than print. I could never take on an ambitious project like building an r/c airplane with rib and panel construction with the wanhao. I did successfully build a quadcopter that flew, but it was heavy and was only a total of 5 printed parts requiring 2 manual bed calibrations during the build. Combine that with the risk of fire.. it was time to upgrade.

What interested me in the Robo is the auto leveling and the large build volume.

Another project I am working on is printing out the body and chassis for the Rosbot. Not many pieces to print. It actually may be an ideal first print. The Rosbot implements the Ros-core2 controller and a Tinker board or rasberry pi running Linux and ROS.

2. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

I've printed the demo set on my R2 and it came out nice, but never a full plane yet.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

nope nothing like that, but would be a cool project to follow along with. please document your progress! Sorry to hear about your Wanhao Dup I3. That sucks hard.

4. Jerry Normandin

Did you use your printers default settings ?

5. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

It was like 6 months ago so I don't really remember. I might have taken their Simplify3D factory file, looked at their settings and kinda merged the relevant parts of that with my usual ones.