1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

POGO Pins again!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by bdk127, Jan 14, 2018.

1. bdk127

bdk127 New Member

OK. So I see there is a defect with the pins.. I have a call into support for a new bed. In the meantime can someone repost where you can buy some replacement pins? I need this printer working now... Thanks.

Brian

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Brian, no found alternative I'm aware of, you'll have to get ahold of Robo and get them to expedite you parts

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I saw someone put springs around the pins (snugly) and then the springs made connection to the board on top.
    Good temporary fix. Call them and get a new board.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Redriche likes this.
  5. bdk127

bdk127 New Member

To be clear.. I am talking about replacing the fried ones on the board. Everything else is OK....

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Not aware that anyone has managed to source the exact ones.
    If you have some to measure, places like BangGood and AliExpress are your best bets.
    (not having one to compare to, I can't say)

Geof likes this.
  7. bdk127

bdk127 New Member

well it looks like I will be getting a new pogo board sent to me. I asked about the V2 bed and the support guy said he had not heard about this! He mentioned that the pogo board has been updated.. We shall see. Mine says "pogo adapter v3". Have to wait to see what they send.

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

The last I heard Rev 2 board shipment was not in the states yet. (also waiting on one with a new pogo board -3rd one- on the way). Stinks but I'm sure we will both be taken care of in the long run :D

9. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

I have an email from Robo support that says Version 1 bed owners will only receive pogo boards if that is what failed and not version 2 beds.

10. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Would not be suprising. With small revisions I would not be suprised if the V2 bed doesn't fit all pogo pin users. I've seen small differences in the bed plates picture to picture. (taller/material in the way of some machines )

11. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

I had to cut away some of the plastic to fit the V2 bed, so that is very possible.

Geof likes this.
  12. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I imagine I would have to as well. having 2 of those spare boards I'll do some digging and see if between you and me we can find a "replacement" pogo pin that will hold up better?

mark tomlinson likes this.
  13. bdk127

bdk127 New Member

There in-lies my concern! You have gone through 3 boards! If under warranty.. OK. After the warranty expires, another story! I know they have been helping their customers, but they need to FIX THE ISSUE PERMANENTLY!

Someone find pogo pins designed for the task at hand!

Brian

Attached Files:

14. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

I think the way to handle this, in the absence of Robo 'permanently' solving this is to mod the version 1 bed and eliminate the pogo board completely. That is what my mod does. It certainly isn't the easiest thing to modify. It requires some soldering skills as well as a couple of specific tools. But, it does work and provides the exact functionality as the version 2 bed.

supercazzola and mark tomlinson like this.
  15. bdk127

bdk127 New Member

I certainly can soldier and have no issue with mods. The one exception is I have a printer UNDER WARRANTY! They need to fix this period. Until they do don't expect any kind words from me. I will give them them the opportunity to make it right.. Time will tell.

Brian

supercazzola, Geof and WheresWaldo like this.
  16. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

100% agree. Make sure you get them on the phone and discuss that. Unfortunately we are all users with no pull in Robo to get things done :D. If the tech on the phone doesn't give you the answer you want ask to speak to speak to someone else to resolve your issue (tech 2).

17. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

You deserve a working printer and they need to make this right under warranty. However all we can do is make suggestions :) You will need to deal with them to get it sorted. I don't doubt they will. As @Geof mentioned the user forum is well, users :) Many experienced ones and we are able to offer a lot of good advice and help you get things going, but replacement parts -- nope.

18. bdk127

bdk127 New Member

Just heard back from Robo support. They are sending out a V2 bed and not another pogo board. Yeah! The V2 beds are shipping!

Brian

19. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Thats good to hear! Glad your getting sorted :D

20. Rudi Schenk

Rudi Schenk New Member

So my left 2 pogo pins were also broken. I've contacted my Robo R2 retailer and he told me that he was just about to receive V2 beds. I've got mine today and installed it with ease. Out of curiousity I've broken open the pins and you can see that the spring is totally fried! As expected ofcourse, but still :)

IMG_0440.jpg

supercazzola likes this.