1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R1 plus Printing question

Discussion in 'Projects' started by JWW, Jan 18, 2018.

1. JWW

JWW Member

Well I generated supports using MatterControl on the "just_leg_test.stl" (my first picture posted above) to see how they would work with the settings I generated. It seemed fine to me and they were easy to remove. So I tried again with supports on the "main_body_LS65.stl" to see if the overall print would be acceptable. I fired up the printer and walked away. I came back and checked on the print about an hour later and it was printing air, meaning no PLA was being extruded ... nice. I should mention that this is a complete new Robo R1 plus hex head, purchased from Robo which I've only used about 4 times since I installed it. <bummer> I took out the two long screws on the Robo filament tensioner and flipped it down and noticed the filament sort of had a kink in it like it was trying to feed via the gear but couldn't. I cut it off and left about 2 inches hanging out but when I tried to pull it out, I couldn't. It does move in and out but something is on the end of it preventing it coming out. The hex head was fully heated, at least the software said it was.

I don't know the physical construction of the hex head internally. I assume I need to disassemble the hex head to remove the filament? Is there anything I should be aware of? Sure would hate to mess up a new hex head considering how long it took to get a Robo hex head.

Regards ...

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

This video covers assembly and you can see what is involved in tearing it down too. The Robo one is slightly different in that the thermistor is a canister style now and there are quick disconnects for the thermsitor and heater core, but in general this is the same thing.

3. JWW

JWW Member

... thanks.