1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Why bother answering the phone?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SoreEyes, Jan 19, 2018.

1. SoreEyes

SoreEyes New Member

I've had this printer for a couple of years now, most of it trouble free, except for issues attributed to user error. So I never had to call support. Recently, I came into unsolvable leveling issues, with the matter control software (only SW I ever used), called support, got nowhere. Bought simplify 3d, everything worked like a charm. About a month of trouble free printing, then failed prints (now I'm suspecting crappy filament). Called support to get help troubleshooting, two calls, got nowhere. I came to the painful realization that I'm on my own. I'll solve this issue one way or the other. I'm just wondering the purpose of a customer service line, why answer if the motivation to help is not there? From the tone of voice, the whole demeanor, one can tell that the operator would rather do something else. If I was robo, I'd just save the money and do away with the call center, the result is the same, just less cost.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There are two levels of support
    The front-line folks who answer the phone and the 2nd tier ones who are more experienced. Generally tier-2 is what you want and that requires scheduling an an appointment.

The best solution is to reach out to the rest of us here on the forum and see if we can't help you along. Sure, none of us work for Robo (there are a couple of Robo staff who stop by occasionally) but we have a lot of users with a lot of experience using and troubleshooting the printers. Start a troubleshooting thread and we can help.

I agree though that it would be far better if you could pick up the phone and reach out to a more experienced help source quickly. They are not there yet.

Geof likes this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Ditto :) we are here to help

4. SoreEyes

SoreEyes New Member

Thank you so much for replying and the offer to help. I really appreciate it.
    Regarding my issue, I don't suspect filament any more, I was suspecting clog, but as I heat up the extruder, the filament just starts oozing, so I do not think clogging is the problem, the filament broke easily when I tried to pull it (it was grinding for a while when it stopped flowing, during the over night print, I guess). I took the hot end out to clear it up, and set the temperature to 210C (PLA), and the PLA started flowing effortlessly. A few minutes in, the hot end shut down by itself. Could this be happening during the print? That would explain the failed print and the grinding. What could cause this? Too much current? Is the controller board giving up? I checked the wires and the connectors, the look fine.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

6. FrankArmor

FrankArmor New Member

Check the small fan that cools the heat break, that should always be running. It’ll cause symptoms of a clog that goes away when all cools down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

That is not a clog unless you mean by "shuts down" that plastic just stopped flowing out.

8. Avrution

Avrution Member

I've always had good support via their website with just opening a ticket.

9. Samantha Ezakovich

Samantha Ezakovich New Member

Sorry that they weren't more helpful when you called. I've only had to call for support three times. Twice they were very exceptionally helpful, and once they were very unhelpful. I think it just depends on who you get. If you don't find the support you need here, maybe try calling again!

Geof likes this.