1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Bed Adhesion, I'm about at my whits end.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mheath82, Dec 17, 2017.

1. mheath82

mheath82 New Member

Just wanted to add an update for those reading or having similar issues. Robo agreed to replace my C2 with a new one. I have since received it and have had infinitely better luck. Out of the box it was printing smaller prints almost flawlessly. I did have some issues with larger prints adhering to the bed but after some help from the moderators it was recommended turning off auto levelling. Since it seemed like it was not levelling properly, I removed G29 (added ; in front of it) from Octoprint, the GCODE, added some paper shims to get the bed as level as possible with the nozzle. I ran the same print again and It came out beautify.

All in all, the Robo community helped me maintain my sanity and point me in the right direction for these issues and happily Robo stepped up and replaced my defective machine.

2. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

For what it's worth, I have written an OctoPrint plugin to programmatically toggle off G29 in files without having to manually edit the GCODE itself. I use this on my multi-color parts so that the earlier print won't cause problems for subsequent prints' autoleveling. And yeah, I also did the paper shims on mine but I anticipate doing something more interesting later.

I will likely need to revise this soon since Robo is implementing new leveling routines by introducing a G36 command into Marlin. So watch out for an update soon enough which could make things interesting.

mheath82 likes this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

He isn't modifying every gcode. He removed the command from the script so it never gets to the gcode....no custom octoprint nonsense needed and a pointless suggestion since removing autolevel is simply adding ";" before the G29 and literally never having to worry about it again, please try to avoid suggesting an over complicated process.

WheresWaldo and mark tomlinson like this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

And I did the same, that is why there is a startup GCode section to tweak :)

I do not bother trying to autolevel the C2. It is too easy to manually level and the autoleveling is then totally moot.

mheath82, WheresWaldo and Geof like this.