1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer Cold Bed Temp Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Alfredo Rodriguez, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Alfredo Rodriguez

Alfredo Rodriguez New Member

I just got my R1+ today and have a couple of successful prints however I am running into an issue with the heated bed.

The bed is room temperature (cold) and is reading 80 to 84 degrees Celsius in mattercontrol. The default for the PLA is 50 so when I preheat or ask to print, the program will wait indefinitely until the temp drops which it will never will. My only option is to set the temp higher before preheat in which it will climb higher however the bed remains cool to the touch and then print will start. My other option is to disable the heated bed feature in options which will let me start the print as well.

Any thoughts?

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Check wiring to thermistor make sure it isn't pinched under the bed somewhere.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. Alfredo Rodriguez

If i raise the temp to 100c it will warm up and stay there however it wont drop below 80 even cold and idle. Something must be wrong because at 100c I can touch the bed without it scolding but its nice and warm.

#3 Alfredo Rodriguez, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Like @WheresWaldo suggested it is reading off because the wiring to the thermistor is damaged (or the thermistor itself is damaged). Start by checking the wiring.

5. Alfredo Rodriguez

Checked and everything seems to be intact. I think it might be the arduino according to my google search. i can't link to the web Pages I found with someone with a similar issue. I'm afraid I am going to have to go through a return or service since the temperature readings have been off since day one.

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Your call. If you decide to do it yourself we can point you to the parts you need.
    and FWIW, the arduino is almost never the problem :) The RAMPS daughtercard sometimes is, but the sensors themselves are the usual suspects.

Good luck!