1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo 3D R2 Not Upgrading to roboOS 2.0

Discussion in 'Software' started by IBot07, Feb 12, 2018.

1. IBot07

IBot07 New Member

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

You will only get an update notice at the moment if you were invited into Robo Elite Program. It is in beta right now and not ready for prime time. It currently requires that you rewrite your SD card with a special version to upgrade. It also forces an upgrade to a beta firmware.

You just need to ignore the blog for the time being.

mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
  3. Oliver

Oliver New Member

Exciting new features in Version 2.0. Looking forward to an update for the broad public...

4. Dan

Dan Legendary
    Staff Member

Greetings gentleman. RoboOS 2.0 has been rolled out from internal testing to RoboELITE members for the final stages.Public release, though has no release date yet, will be out in the near future

5. Michael_ROBO

Michael_ROBO New Member

If you were still curious. RoboOS 2.0 was just launched today! Check your printers for an update!

6. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Does it still force a firmware update?

7. Dan

Dan Legendary
    Staff Member

Yes it does force a firmware update. Which we encourage!

8. AlienBeans

AlienBeans Active Member

Mine updated today and I ran the Z offset wizard and I'm back to printing. Working great. No issues here.

9. SteveDjarrell

SteveDjarrell Active Member

So I was pretty excited to see a new release today for the ROBO OS. I loaded it up, reset my Z offset and whammo, my Auto-leveling is way off. I have no idea how to fix this one. First, I am not getting 9 points instead of the 12. The outside edge calibrations appear correct as in the nozzel appears by eye to be near the .003 I set it at. However the front center is too low and crashes into the bed. The center, center Is about 1/8" above the bed and the rear, center is about 1/8" under the bed and crashes. I have reset the Eprom, multiple reboots, reset Z and fine tune at least 4 time. nothing seem to correct this. I am running a Micro-swiss Nozzle and it is a lot longer than the stock but this worked great under the last rev. Ant Ideas? Thinking may a re flash?

10. Grim

Grim New Member

With the new update Robo switched over to Bilinear Leveling. The mesh may not be generating correctly. You could recompile Marlin with the linear leveling enabled instead if that was working for you better.

11. SteveDjarrell

I downloaded the latest firmware and was starting to look at it. I think I may do that for now so it is working. I'll fool around with it some more once I get more time. Fun times. Or may just revert back to the last firmware.

12. drbanks

drbanks Active Member

So, the leveling routine is now 9 points rather than 16?

13. Grim

Grim New Member

It double touches the first point and is nine points.

14. SteveDjarrell

Yes, 9 not 16. I realized I typed in 12 earlier. I am going to change it back to 16 with the bi linear and see if that fixes me if not I'll simply re-activate mesh and try that. I can never have anything go easy... But I learn a lot.

15. SteveDjarrell

Guys, I realized I did not know what board to pick in Adruino. I assume this will work with an mega 2560? have looked all over and not found the answer. Anyone want to fill me in?

16. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Yes ATMega 2560 is the correct board.

Also, BILINEAR is a better leveling scheme than LINEAR. With linear it takes all 16 points and tries to fit a single plane through as many as it can, so some will be above and some will be below the actual warp in the bed. Bilinear bisects the plane at every point so it looks more like a contour map of the bed. At least I got them to fix their G35/G36 code so it won't bork UBL or MESH if you want to enable those in their firmware instead.

supercazzola and drbanks like this.
  17. SteveDjarrell

Thank you for the information. Ill give this a whirl tomorrow And report back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

18. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

I have to do the same thing as you, recompile their firmware. I forgot I do not have a working Z Maximum endstop, it is currently broken and I have never replaced it. So the bed just keeps lowering beyond the bottom until it times out. Need to move homing back up to the top.

19. SteveDjarrell

Ok, So for kicks I change the bilinear back to using 4x4. So now it is even weirder. Out of 16, 3 appear to be below the bed. The rest appear fine. I am not sure if it is the ir sensor (Was working fine before) or is it something else? Going to enable mesh on this firmware and test it next. Actually I will start a new thread. Sorry for any Hijacking. As Always thank you for the knowledge.

20. SteveDjarrell

Ok, One last addition. I ended up going back to Mesh, but if you DL the files from Github included is a mesh version. I did not have to do anything but up load it. However I did change it back to 4x4 rather than 3x3. Works like a charm. I know it is a band aid for me but wanted to share in case anyone else needs to revert back.