1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved 2.0

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Julien Fournier, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Julien Fournier

Julien Fournier New Member

Hello. So I just updated to 2.0. Started a print I did earlier and after 5 minutes I get stuck with a message telling me the filament ran out. I tried a few time to start it again but it always stop after 5 minutes with the same error.

2. Grim

Grim New Member

That could be a few things.

First it could be that you are just sticking the filament into the wrong hole. If the filament is not in the hole closest to the outside edge of the printer it will not be detected.

Secondly, your filament switch might have been worn down. Look inside the hole in the filament block and if you see a flat tip it's most likely not working properly, contact robo support to get a replacement

Thirdly, it could just not be working correctly, in which case you just need to go into your webdash and disable the filament plugin. This will turn off the entire filament detection system.

3. Julien Fournier

Julien Fournier New Member

It cannot be in the wrong hole because it does print. It stops everytime at 5 minutes into the print. Tried 3 different files and it's always happening. It was fine before the 2.0 update 2 days ago. I'm not using Robo filament but I never had problem with it before. I'm gonna have to check for that filament plugin for a quick fix. I was thinking about doing a rollback.

I don't know what I can do to help with the bug itself.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Contact Robo, but generally this is a hardware problem with the sensor itself.
    Rolling back to the previous RoboOS (using a previous SD card image is the easiest way) will let you check it, but I suspect the sensor.

5. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

I'd say: first make sure that you're putting the filament in the left-most hole in the sensor from the perspective of the front of the printer. That should be the one with the switch installed in it. The stock part doesn't have a switch in the other side.

If you put it into a sensor hole which doesn't have a switch in it, it would behave like this by stopping five minutes into the job.

My own C2 arrived with a tiny blade switch that frequently didn't contact with the filament so I went into the plugins in the web dashboard and disabled the filament sensor.

6. Radek

Radek New Member

I have the same problem with filament error after upgrading to 2.0. In addition, all the time the image on the LCD moves to the right or blinking.

#6 Radek, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  7. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Ask Robo support to send you a new image of the RoboOS µSD card and reimage it and then do the upgrade again. Unless they can send you one with the 2.0 image already installed.

8. Radek

Radek New Member

After restoring SD card from backup and update again to 2.0, everything works well.

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.