1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Prusa i3 Mk3

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KTMDirtFace, Sep 26, 2017.

1. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

His current streams are building the MK3. I have pretty much given up watching his videos.

KTMDirtFace likes this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yea, I am less interested in just building machines :) It is nice if you happen to be going that road yourself on a printer, but less interesting if you already have working printers.

Geof likes this.
  3. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he said in one of his videos that he was going to move more content to Patreon/delay releasing Youtube videos for a bit so that the people supporting him get some use out of whatever content before it gets publicly shared.

Or something. I don't know, I'm not supporting him.

mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
  4. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

Powder Coated PEI bed got delayed again. now they say middle of February.

Still offered to send my printer now and charge me for the powder coat bed when it releases. I said no again. It was at a discount with free shipping.

But I'm just going to wait.

Seems to be a theme with me lately. I have a new mountain bike frame I ordered 2 months ago. Still waiting on.

Oh well.

Geof likes this.
  5. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

6. KTMDirtFace

My bike frame?

No, its Guerrilla Gravity. Already have their Pedalhead hardtail and love it. Hand made in Denver, Geo Fits me. (I'm 6'6"-6'7" with super long legs 37" inseam).

The reason its taking so long this time is because I ordered off menu wheels. Those showed up. and they dinged the powdercoat on the frame on accident and sent me a picture. Gave me tons of options, but i just decided to wait longer and get the rear triangle re powder coated. Prefer to make my own dings!

My GG 27.5 Plus Pedalhead
    [​IMG]

Waiting on my GG Smash ( long travel full suspension 29er).frame and whatnot will be here monday!

#46 KTMDirtFace, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  7. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Surprised you didn't support an Oregon frame builder, but that is one sharp looking ride.

8. KTMDirtFace

My stubbornness paid off LOL - Apparently they are still having production issues with the powdercoated sheets.

Geof likes this.
  9. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Good on you. I can see why people trust Josef Prusa, although he is a very smart guy, the powder-coated PEI may be more theoretical than practical. I think he is learning that with all these production issues.

Should have mentioned, I like the Gravity. I am too old to be thrashing around the trails. but I just picked up a Breezer Commuter for running to the grocery store. Have a set of roll-up panniers coming. A few more changes and I will be all set.

10. KTMDirtFace

Got the printer thursday, took pretty much all day Saturday to build it.
    First prints. I don't think it's magically better than my Robo3D but it works well with fancy convenience features. It is so quiet!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#50 KTMDirtFace, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    Geof, mark tomlinson and WheresWaldo like this.
  11. KTMDirtFace

They must have spent a ton of time on the extruder assembly, its very complicated. With all the parts and slots you have to put nuts into. ( I missed one, had to disassemble everything to fix it. lol )

Just tried a benchy3d using simplify3d. ( the other one was on prusa SD Card ).. The layers look even better on the S3D print, but there is some weird dots..probably where it changed direction on layers. I'm sure its just a setting tweak.

Built went well, few things i had to use my mini file tool kit on to get square nuts to slide into the slots.

12. KTMDirtFace

Well I love this thing, its pretty @#$#@ing good.

Just random prints from the SD card.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  13. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

I've been seeing posts where people have their powder-coated PEI beds, did you ever get yours?

14. drbanks

drbanks Active Member

I fired up mine last week, got some very nice results until I got a "Blob of death" on Friday that destroyed my hot end. Not so happy about that.