1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Experience with Ultrabase from Anycubic

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Shrey, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Shrey

Shrey Active Member

After my buildtak started to get damaged, I really wasn't looking forward to buying another buildtak due to the issue of the parts sticking so well that it takes all of my strength that i can muster to get the part off. After looking around while I really did like the PEI i wanted to see if i can try something else and somehow came to Ultrabase from Anycubic since i was considering a cheaper option.

I put the Ultrabase on and too my amazement it.....SUCKED!!!

I went through so many re-leveling it boggled my mind as to why some people had quite a great experience with it. I used my own bed level print test, and eventually I found a good level of quality and after that for real print i decided to resorted to the last method i could think of the great and the good old hairspray.

Everything went amazing, everything stuck perfectly and happy as a bee. But the amazing thing happened when I came back from the movies, and went to pick up the part. I used no strength it came off like lifting off the part with fingers.

Yes you will need to use hairspray to make sure filament sticks, Yes you do have to let it cool down until it can be picked up without any issues. But overall it's not bad for using as build surface.

Few key points to look out for.

1. Level the hell out of the bed. It's worth it.
    2. Please wipe off nozzle before it starts printing to prevent the filament balling it up on the nozzle leaving residue, which will eventually attract more filament to attach.
    3. If you do plan on using this print surface please use the attached print bed level test print WITHOUT hairspray.
    4. Mess around with the knob a little here and little there to get close to a perfect print.
    5. Back side will always be little higher so it's not a big deal.
    6. Lastly, You have to let it cool down before you can lift the part off easily, otherwise that thing is not coming off without a spatula. While it's not a big deal but it does mean waiting for the bed temperature to drop.

IMG_3905.JPG IMG_3897.JPG IMG_3902.JPG
    IMG_3901.JPG

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Big fan of hairspray on glass. Not that I really need it, but it makes me feel better :)

Geof likes this.
  3. Shrey

Shrey Active Member

Yeah it’s always good to have that on hand, I was able to pull the part off around 20 Celsius degree on the bed with minimum strength on my second print so overall with little messing around it works pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. adikted2astro

adikted2astro Active Member

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE hair spray on glass. I've never had a problem getting prints off the bed since I switched to glass.

WheresWaldo and mark tomlinson like this.