1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Used R2 for Sale

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hellsbells17, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Hellsbells17

Hellsbells17 Member

I am selling my Robo R2 if anybody is interested. It has an version 2 heat bed on order. It hasn't been used much but my employer is buying me a new printer so this one is not needed.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Good luck with your sale, my offer would be to low to even be considered. Hope you find it a good home and congrats on the new printer.

3. Hellsbells

Hellsbells New Member

Kind of what I was thinking. The Robo R2 is a piece of unreliable junk. I will probably just keep it as a backup or for small easy prints.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

We would be happy to help you out if you wanted to make it reliable. Fire up a trouble shooting thread and tag some of us volunteer staff on it. Be happy to help until we cant, then help try to get Robo on it.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

They are hit-or-miss in terms of build quality (but so were the R1 units). If you can get it sorted they run pretty well -- I still have two machines that started as KickStarter beta units that crank right along and my C2 is working really well (after birth defects were sorted).

All of them needed TLC at some point, but they have fairly cheap generic parts available (with one exception in the C2/R2 control board)

Geof likes this.
  6. Hellsbells17

Hellsbells17 Member

I ordered the Raise3D Pro2 Printer. As soon as I receive it I will off load the R2.

7. Hellsbells17

Hellsbells17 Member

Sold the R2 today for $850. Purchased a Raise3D Pro2 which should be here in two weeks. The Raise3D was $4k but my employer is paying for it.

Geof likes this.
  8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

congrats on the sale and purchase! Hope raise has fixed the annoying complicated bed leveling. Please do share pics when you receive it if you would!

9. Hellsbells17

Hellsbells17 Member

I had confirmed with Raise that the bed leveling was completely redesigned on the Pro2 vs the N2 prior to purchasing the printer. I am an engineer and one issue I had with the R2 that annoyed me was I could not get consistent prints between the front of the bed and the rear. With the Raise the bed is supported on both sides thus eliminating the flex issue seen on the R2. Should have the printer in two weeks and will post photos. Until then I am without a 3D printer.

Geof likes this.
  10. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

hope she fits the bill! I can speak for higher end machines being worth the money (cant speak for that one, but in general ya know) hope she is quite the work horse and low hassle! If you were inclined enough to do an off topic thread with your initial thoughts and all that jazz that would be an interesting read.

11. drbanks

drbanks Active Member

A Raise3D with decent bed leveling?

This is a droolworthy thing.

12. Hellsbells17

Hellsbells17 Member

I just received my Raise3D Pro today and it comes leveled from the factory. I just loaded the filament and started printing. It is so quiet and the print is outstanding.

13. Hellsbells17

Hellsbells17 Member

Here is a video of the first print. No bed leveling was required as it came level from the factory.

Geof likes this.