1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered not printing consistent at the far right corner

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by joshua lawson, Apr 18, 2018.

1. joshua lawson

joshua lawson New Member

hi just got my robo r1 plus and i noticed my prints at the back right side of my bed always come out raised or not well connected but the left side of the bed comes out perfect and straight im brand new to thisand i cant find anything to help me fix this so i can print clean models

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

can you share some photos? I'm not fully understanding what you mean? the first layer is to far from the bed on the back right side? Or its warping? Or its ugly? Photos help alot :D

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Active Member

What is the temperature of the hotbed? What kind of material are you using? Are you using any glue stick or hair spray on the bed? Are you printing directly on the glass bed or using a liner material? Are you printing near a drafty door or window?

4. joshua lawson

joshua lawson New Member

sorry about the delay in my response the hot bed is at 60 C
    the material is PLA
    printing directly on the hotbed with glue sticks to adhere
    not near anything drafty
    im going to post my links with spaces instead of periods since im still so new on this site it wont let me post links
    https://imgur.com/a/FfdAbOl

#4 joshua lawson, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2018
  5. joshua lawson

joshua lawson New Member

geof the print comes out fine but the first layer is far from consistent which im worried about when i get to the point of larger prints. that first layer the further it gets to the back left side of printer the worse it gets so if i make a large part that far left side may not adhere or make a good foundation for the rest of the print then again i could be totally trying to over correct things and will ultimately tear up the 3d printer or just make it print worse

6. BrooklynBay

Did you check that side of the heated bed to see if it's hot? Maybe there's a problem with the heating element on that side.

7. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

PLA can be done with a cold bed, heat is only used to add some extra to adhesion, so it most likely isn't the bed heater. Although just an FYI the bed heater on the R1 Beta, R1 & R1 PLUS only covers about 67% of the build area. The result is less than ideal bed heat distribution.

More likely you will need to try manually leveling the bed as precisely as possible then the auto-leveling built into the firmware Robo uses has less to do and can be more accurate.

The auto-leveling that is used is as rudimentary as possible. It basically takes the nine points and figures out how to build a single plane that contains as many of those points as possible. The result is some parts of the bed will be above the plane, some will be below the plane and some may be exactly on the plane. It means that if the bed is not as precise as it can be then there will be some sections of layer one that will have less bed adhesion than others. Just so you know glass is not machined it is created by floating molten glass over a bed of water, so while it it relatively flat, it is never perfect. All this makes the auto-leveling prone to miss warped areas of the bed both high and low.

Just so you know, even the new C2 and R2 use the same leveling scheme, so the same problems exist in those machines too.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  8. BrooklynBay

9. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@BrooklynBay Yes we know that already, there is a thread that is about 3 years old that has exactly the same information, but it is not the issue here.

10. shmoe01

shmoe01 New Member

I also have this issue too.