1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Flashforge Dreamer Mod Help

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JustinDS89, May 5, 2018.

1. JustinDS89

JustinDS89 Member

Ah okay, I will get an affordable board and try it out. Hopefully it goes smooth and least I will learn a thing or two in the process. Thanks everyone!

I will post back once I start going that route with my results.

2. drbanks

drbanks Active Member

The Dreamer was my first printer. Outstanding for printing ABS. In fact, it does it so well, I wasn't sure why people thought it was such a big deal.

But,

• Lots of extruder jams.
    • The filament feed is weak - doesn't seem to pull hard enough
    • Can't fit normal sized spools into the default mount points, and making an external solution only exacerbates the previous iss
    • I've burned out the stepper motor board twice while trying to scrape the stickum off the print bed when installing a new BuildTak sheet. It wasn't until the second time that I realized the problem is that the connection to the bed heater has exposed PC traces that are all too easy to accidentally short the damned thing with a putty knife
    • Asymmetric extruders: the one on the left has a cooling fan shroud, the one on the right doesn't. Kind of leaves you one choice when using dissimilar filament
    Which is pretty much what drove me to the R2