1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Greetings from the PNW

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by trevely, May 4, 2018.

1. trevely

trevely New Member

Hi all, Tyrone here and I just purchased a Robo R2 and waiting for it to get delivered (always the hardest part). I did a lot of research on this printer and liked what I saw and just wanted to introduce myself as I'm sure I will be on here asking a lot of questions. Happy printing....

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Welcome to the group.

trevely likes this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome !

trevely likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

welcome aboard.

trevely likes this.
  5. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Active Member

Welcome. Is this your first 3D printer?

trevely likes this.
  6. trevely

trevely New Member

Thanks all.
    No this is not my first 3D printer, I have a Creality CR-10 that is collecting dust unfortunately. I've replaced almost everything in the control board and it still errors out and not print.

Geof likes this.
  7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

If you start a thread about your CR10 I'm sure someone here can help you get it running. I've got one and if you've already replaced the board it just leaves the wires/connections for your heater/thermistor. What temp do you show on the LCD when you first turn on the printer and it could help narrow it down? The CR10 has thermal runaway disabled, but the mintemp/maxtemp errors are still there (I think) should be fairly easy to narrow it down.

trevely likes this.
  8. trevely

trevely New Member

Hi Geof, I just might have to do that at some point going to get to know my new R2 first for a little bit. I'm part of the CR-10 group on facebook and had a lot of people trying to help me but no luck. I was getting temp fluctuations so I replaced the hotend with a complete kit that included the cables and when that didn't work got a new board with the latest Marlin and still have issues. Now when it heats up I get the error that heating failed and needs to reset. I had to take a break from that thing, it was driving me crazy :confused:

Geof likes this.