1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer Bad print quality air print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Carlos Garcia, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Member

hello people, hope your all doing well, I’m having trouble with Robo C2 print quality looks like air gaps. Can anybody please help?

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. izumi5188

izumi5188 Member

Under extrusion or maybe bad filament.

4. AllenMcAfee

AllenMcAfee Guest

Under extrusion like this is usually caused by two factors: not enough heat, or friction in the filament feed line. This is assuming you are printing <60mms and that is normal PLA. Since it is pretty even throughout, I would venture to guess it's a heat related issue. What temperature are you printing at? Also, (just to eliminate this as an option) check that the feeder gear on the top of the extruder is tightly fastened to the motor.

5. Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club New Member

Are you experiencing the below picture? Good luck with Robo support. We have been having the same issues for months and they are still unresolved. We even sent the machines back to Robo to evalulate them, were told that they are working fine and then upon return we had the below issues continue. I was told that they have never had these issues before. I told them that I have a hard time believing that since both of ours are having the same issue.

[​IMG]

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Yea, not a problem I see generically with the C2 (ours do not do that).
    I assume you have tried different filament to rule it out. If so then there is something awry with the feed. Certainly not a common problem even here on the forum where we see ALL the problems :)

Geof likes this.
  7. Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club New Member

We sent the printer back. They never mentioned that we should use different filament. We have tried multiple spools. Large spools, small spools...nothing makes a difference. As soon as there is tension on the spool is when this begins. I have tried everything that has been recommended by Robo Support. Nothing has solved the problem.

Geof likes this.
  8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

As long as you have tried different filament that removes it from the problem :) Has to be checked though.
    Unless your filament was OOS (too large for example) it is usually not the cause, but needs to be checked.

Geof likes this.
  9. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Buenos dias, Senor. Can you indicate where to get the STL files for the models which you are attempting to print? I would like to verify that there is not a problem in the model file.