1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

C2 died

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mrs J Porter, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Mrs J Porter

Mrs J Porter New Member

We have had four of these machines for a couple of weeks now and have printed maybe 20 items in total. Today, midprint, one of the machines died. The adapter was very warm. We swapped the adapter out and connected to a different power source. The machine came back to life and then died again a few minutes later. Does anyone have any ideas?

Geof likes this.
  2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

That doesn't sound very good. If the machine is only a few weeks old I'd get Robo on the horn to replace it. The power supply should never get hot which make me think something in the C2s brain box is drawing more power than the supply can handle.

I see this is your first post so welcome to the forum! a little info on the forum- it is user ran. Meaning owners like you and I keep the day to day going and everyone helps each other along the way! There are 3 of us "staff" that volunteer our time, we dont work for Robo (which is why I suggest you get their support on the phone) so we cannot get you replacement parts unfortunantly. We are more than happy to help you trouble shoot, but at just a few weeks old, its my opinion to use the warranty/service Robo has as your described issue may be very difficult to pin point.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Do you mean the power brick that plugs into the wall?
    When you say "died" do you mean it acted like it lost power or something else?

(and welcome to the forum!)

4. Jerry RoBo 3D

Jerry RoBo 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Mrs. Porter,

We are very sorry you are having that trouble. We will replace that particular machine. We definitely want to get that machine back here to our shop to investigate. Please reach out to Dan at help@robo3d.com

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  5. Jerry RoBo 3D

Jerry RoBo 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

Geof likes this.