1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved New C2 - Connection Interrupted error and New Image won't work!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by BenJoeM, May 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenJoeM

BenJoeM Member

Yes I assumed the red was R2. So I was sent 4 images by Tech Support. 2 of my original image both had the EXACT same result as this one, another C2 image with a different name - same result and the R2 image - Same result. I am happy to reimage them any of those images. All images have had the same result of going straight to the update screen. I have put them in my other printer that is set to return and they do not load at all. No image comes, the screen remains black. The one that at least gets me into the menu is the original SD card and the original image sent with the printer.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Well that has me feeling funny that an R2 image got sent. PM me and when I get home I'll drop box you the image for my C2. At least then we KNOW we have a known good image. The name on the image will not match you serial number, but if that fixes everything then we can get Jerry to get you one with the correct name if you want.

Now....with that said...I think I'd start unplugging and plugging back in cables. I'd start with all the USB connections on the Pi. All you need to do is unplug and plug right back in, then move over to the main board and unplug the cable from the Pi to the main board. Just to be sure everything is seated correctly. Once we have narrowed that down we can continue (do on both machines if you would please- maybe we can get both back up :D )

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Yea I'm not sure why but before I loaned out my C2 to the discovery museum it always threw me off on start up lol (both machines started off same switch- my doing :D ) one red, one blue....crazy :D lol. But works out good I spose for noticing it in that flicker on the video :D

4. BenJoeM

BenJoeM Member

Will do, THe second one has other problems altogether the Z-Axis sensor is failing on a software level but works if I manually push it. So I had Alex from the Design Team call me and he did some tests and then authorized the warranty swap.

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Thats ok :D I'm more interested in the ability to steal parts from one to get the other back up :D or vice versa. You know robbing peter to pay paul. I highly doubt both have the same bad parts so we should be able to get it at least working in the mean time(which is what counts)

Edit- sounds like the screw that pushes the button is not making contact on the other one. Can you visually watch it make contact if you remove the cover and try to home? (its hard to see but you can see it I believe) or you can hook up a multimeter on continuity to the switch and home with the meter outside the machine and just the wires running into the machine :D

6. BenJoeM

BenJoeM Member

Sounds good, I can send you those videos later, it does make contact that was why it baffled everyone you can see it and hear it click but then it will grind down for a second and then the whole thing is messed up.

7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Thats quite interesting. My assumption would be it is bad and not sending the signal (so if thats the only issue with that unit I'd swap those Z switches to see if you can at least get one machine printing, then we can work on the other machine because the limit switch is very cheap to get most places, I assume you can pick one up for under 5.00?

8. BenJoeM

BenJoeM Member

So I live in El Salvador, so it is hard to get those parts, when Robo would send it it could take weeks or months to get to me. On the first printer I replaced the monitor twice, ribbon cable and runout sensor once so they finally said to switch it out. But lets see what we can do with the new one if not we can build a new one.

Geof likes this.
  9. Jerry RoBo 3D

Jerry RoBo 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

@BenJoeM Thank you for all of that information. That is very clear and our customer support team will definitely be able to help you. I do believe we have a work around for getting the image loaded up correctly on your machine. @Dan

Geof likes this.
  10. BenJoeM

BenJoeM Member

Quick update, A new image was sent to me after they saw my videos, so I burned the image to the SD Card and also sent in photos of the HDMI ends to be safe. No dice. New image just goes straight to update screen. So I decided to reformat the original SD Card they sent me just incase it was the SD Card, new image had the same result, straight to update.

Geof likes this.
  11. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

And stays in update mode forever?

12. BenJoeM

BenJoeM Member

Correct, I get the blue robo screen then straigh to "UPDATING" and it could stay there for hours, I left it running for 4 hours once.

13. BenJoeM

BenJoeM Member

Follow up to close this circle with you all! Thanks to @Geof and @mark tomlinson for your tremendous support as always. I purchased a new SD Card thinking maybe the card was bad. Geof had mentioned a number of cards going bad in his day. So the new image 100% did the same thing, immediately went to update mode and sat there forever. I had previously unplugged all the USB cables from the pi so I decided I would do this again but also double check where ever the cable went to, to make sure it is connected on both ends. In doing I noticed the blue USB cable going from the Pi to the Board was loose on the board end. Maybe 1/4 of the way into the socket. So I pushed it all the way in, put the new card back in and fired it up.

Went right back to updating again. But this time it sat for about 3 minutes and then the screen reset and BANG! I was printing. Did the z-offset and loaded in my filament and successfully pulled off a test print.

Thank you all for your amazing support.

bill Snyder, Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.