1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Clicking sound

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by trevely, May 16, 2018.

1. trevely

trevely New Member

Hey all, I've had the Robo R2 for about a week now and enjoying it so far. Have a question though, what could be causing this loud clicking when printing? It doesn't do it all the time but most of the time when it's printing. I've printed maybe 6 things with this printer so far. I tried to upload a video of it but it didn't work.
    Any ideas?
    Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. trevely

trevely New Member

Thanks for the links Mark, I will check them out.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

All else fails post a video :)
    Good luck.

5. Reece Markowsky

Reece Markowsky New Member

I wanted to share the source of a problem I encountered when I had clicking. it was very frustrating as nothing I seemed to try worked and of course countless red herrings. Thankfully Robo support was awesome and made the helpful suggestion. In my case, it was the feeder bolt screw. on the part that grips and feeds the filament, there is a round part with a tiny screw in it that tightens it against the flat surface of the feeder bolt. if this is loose you will experience all kinds of slipping/ticking noise. be careful not to strip this screw as well or else you will end up needing a new one. once this was tightened it everything was awesomeeee

#5 Reece Markowsky, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018