1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Printer not responding

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jeff Hamilton, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Hamilton

Jeff Hamilton Member

Went to use my printer today after a couple of weeks and when I start Mattercontrol and try to connect it says "Invalid Printer Response" and there in nothing on my printers external LCD screen I have connected. I have tried different bauds and different ports with no success. I have been working on programming Arduino boards for another project.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If the LCD is non-responsive, I'd start by reloading the current firmware.

I no longer do arduino development on a machine with a printer attached, but fair warning... you can accidentally over-write the firmware with "blink" or something else if you don't pay attention :)

3. Jeff Hamilton

Jeff Hamilton Member

The printer was not plugged in while I was working on another project. What do I look at to see if the board went bad?

4. Jeff Hamilton

Jeff Hamilton Member

Well it did end up being that I had uploaded a program I was working on to the 3d printer. It was real fun re-installing everything since I had to find the old version that works with my e3d v6 print head and downgrade to the older version of Arduino program . At least I'm back up and running and it didn't cost me any money.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Keep a copy of that firmware somewhere safe :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.