1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Aliexpress Hexagon Hot Ends?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Dcbarry, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Dcbarry

Dcbarry New Member

Would appreciate commentary/thoughts/insight on using the below as direct replacement for the "stock" hexagon hot end. As noted in other threads, I'm trying to keep a budget here.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3DS...Universal-Hotend-Kit-0-4mm-1/32839644652.html

(HotEnd, Cooling fan, Heater and Thermisisitor with shipping approximately $17.00.

From the webpage:

1. Compared to the ordinary aluminum in the market, it adopts high-purity aviation aluminum, is more durable.

2. Processed by Germany imported CNC machine, pay attention to the details of each process to ensure the processing accuracy, and every part is highly joined.

3. Great texture. Hotend surface is with oxidation scrub, and the black paint texture makes it more upscale.

4. Straight through throat, the filament can be direct access to the nozzle, makes the feeding more smoothly to reduce clogging (the maximum temperature should not be over 260 °. The high temperature version will be available in the future.)

Hotend model:XCR-BP6
    Temperature resistance: HT-NTC100K (no need to change the firmware, directly replace the old thermistor)
    Feeding type: remote feeding
    Heater power: 40W/50W
    Type of pipe: straight through throat
    Heater voltage optional: 12V/24V
    Cooling fan voltage optional: 12V/24V

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Hard to say without testing. Since they talk about teflon deformation I suspect this is a PTFE lined hotend,not an all-metal unit. Your choice (obviously).

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yes, if you look at the pictures that is a PTFE lined hotend (it even extends down into the heat break). That is similar to the HE280 that SeeMeCNC used on their machines and I had nothing but troubles with it. Eventually replaced it with an E3D. Stick with a real Hexagon would be my suggestion.