1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo R2 Connection Interrupted after update?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Reece Markowsky, Jul 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reece Markowsky

Reece Markowsky New Member

• I just loaded new filament into the Robo R2 (filament change wizard).
      shortly after that, I the R2 did a software update (on its own).
      After the update, the R2 is not working. When powered on, It says "Error Detected. Connection Interrupted. Please reset the connection to the printer controls. If error persists, please call customer service and report: "Connection Offline"
      When I press RESET it says Reset in Progress. Connecting. It does not leave this screen.

It does this even if I power cycle the R2.

I have checked all connections mentioned in the following article. All seem fine.
      https://help.robo3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000722632-Error-Connection-interrupted
      No controls work. eg. if i use motor controls, temp controls or try to use z-offset wizard.
    • The update wizard indicates the RoboOS version is now at 2.0.0-r2.6
    • I also get the error "Heater is Not Found. The selected heater cannot be found. Make sure the correct firmware is installed".

any ideas? what is RoboOS version your R2 using? Thanks!

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sounds like a glitch with the SD card the RaspberryPi is booting from that contains the 'RoboOS' (Raspbian configured for the Robo printer). I would suggest taking the backup copy of your image and reburning onto a new SD card and then swap it. There are a number of posts on this. You may want to contact Robo directly (ie. via their support form on the main web page: https://robo3d.com/pages/contact-us) and request a replacement SD card or a link to your image to download and then you reburn it. The images are unique in that the printer names are unique. (so assuming you did NOT make a backup image contact them -- if you did just use that)

#2 mark tomlinson, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Reece Markowsky likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Just a quick reminder that everyone here on the forum is a printer owner/user -- not Robo3D folks :)
    So we can't get you that shipped out. There are some older R2 images linked and posts to them here in the forums (search for SD card image) but then you really should update the machine name and you will need to apply all of the updates again.

4. Reece Markowsky

Thank you. Yes, I also logged a ticket with support for this, so I will update that ticket requesting an image. Much appreciated!

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Just be sure to make a clone of the image if they send you a new SD card (if you download and burn the image yourself, then just keep a copy of it somewhere safe).

6. Reece Markowsky

Done and working! Thanks so much Mark!

mark tomlinson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.