1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Longer hobbed bolt upgrade.

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by BrooklynBay, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I meant in addition to the washers already there. Think my R1+ that still has the greg wade has 3 on each in addition to the stock 2.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

I am not sure why this is not common knowledge, I know I have mentioned it in the past. 1.75 mm filament requires more tension against the hobbed bolt in the extruder than 3.0/2.85 mm filament.

BrooklynBay, mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
  3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Active Member

Some (not all) of the springs came in the mail last week. They are very hard to compress compared to the ones which came with the printer. The prints come out nice since the filament doesn't slip. It looks like the previous owner might have taken a spring from a pen, and used it because he lost the original spring. The second spring was probably stock, and is easy to compress because it's old. I wasn't able to find these type of springs locally.

The foreign seller was responsive to emails at first, and offered to either send the quantity which I paid for or refund the difference. Each email after that was about not leaving negative feedback, and asking the same questions about where to send the refund. They already know how to send a refund. It goes back to Paypal which is the same way that they got paid for it in the first place. This is not the first time that they are selling something. This is the reason why I don't trust these guys when they offer to mail a replacement, because in my previous experience with these sellers, I've never received a replacement for anything. After exchanging emails for a week, I'm being ignored, and never received a partial refund. Why do these foreign sellers follow this pattern, and behave so non business like? They want business from the USA & positive feedback but give you a hard time over a small amount of money whether it's a few cents or a few dollars. It's a shame since the items are usually good quality, low price, and can't be purchased locally.