1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Advice on Purchase

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Saor_Alba, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Saor_Alba

Saor_Alba New Member

Just purchased a Robo 3D R1 + with Matter Control Tablet on eBay , the listing said it was brand new but a customer had returned it as it wasn't working . I paid £250 and hoping its an easy fix

Worth the risk or am I throwing my money away ?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I personally dont use matter control so would see no value in the tablet for me. You may love it so there may be value there. The R1+ right now sells around 400.00 when not on sale. I'd say 250.00 is decent (but thats USD not lbs). I suppose it all depends on what needs fixed (we can help with most everything except parts and direct Robo support- we dont work for them). In reality if sourced correctly all the components can be had fairly cheap so your really talking about time invested.

Saor_Alba likes this.
  3. Saor_Alba

Saor_Alba New Member

Thank you , in UK the printer is £486 to buy new . Reading reviews I don't fancy Matter Control tablet but will list is seperatley and recoup some of the outlay ..

This seems a great community and having 2 R1+ NOW I'm looking forward to getting involved

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

:D I've been a big fan of it lol. Enough to volunteer my time lol. Same for Mark and Waldo. Any questions just ask! Be sure to show off some of those prints in the show and tell sections :D

5. Saor_Alba

Saor_Alba New Member

What's the odds the new printers issues are just power setting or fuse . Here's hoping

I'm working on my first project now , I'l post once it's painted and finished

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The odds are high that there is no actual printer problem and that it was a user problem. They are not as simple to setup/configure as Robo likes to imply. If it IS an actual problem, likely it is a minor one that we can walk you through sorting. Let us know

Geof likes this.