1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Y axis not homing correctly

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John in MS, Jul 31, 2018.

1. John in MS

John in MS Active Member

Y not moving back When I home. I just moved it work on the hotend. Thanks for any help

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sounds like a loose belt.

That grinding sound is the belt skipping on the gear attached to the stepper shaft.

You would get the same noise if the home switch were not working for X or Y and the firmware tried to drive the axis beyond the limit (i.e. past home) -- it mechanically can't and thus will forcibly skip (and make that sound)

3. John in MS

John in MS Active Member

When I start the Home with the bed fully in the front, it goes dead center. Then when I home from the middle, the bed moves completely forward and extruder goes down in the back. The bed will not move forward during

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Assuming you have done nothing else to it before this started, manually home the printer (move it there) then connect and using the GCode terminal issue an M119 and see what the printer responds with in the terminal. It should respond with a status for each X/Y/Z end strop of OPEN or TRIGGERED (triggered meaning it is at HOME for that axis):

There are some details over here: http://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M119.html

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I would take snapshots using M119 after each time you try to home using the software as well.

6. John in MS

John in MS Active Member

Ok. I will try. I saw a video with the same problem and it worked right after simply removing the xxl and running a print from the computer. Then reconnecting tge xxl to work fine. Haven't had tone to try this or anything yet

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Hopefully it is a home switch misreporting (stuck open/closed or intermittently switching).
    Easy fix if that is the case.