1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Nozzle drilled into my bed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Bruvilla1, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Bruvilla1

Bruvilla1 New Member

Hey everyone,

so for some reason or another my C2 was prepping to setup a print and as I see the nozzle coming down to start printing it kept going and began to drill into my bed so I quickly ran to turn it off because it started pushing and making a loud drilling noise. Has anyone ever had this happen that can offer some insight?

Thank you,

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Did it do the 9 point autoleveling first or did this happen right off the bat?

3. Bruvilla1

Bruvilla1 New Member

it did the autoleveling first.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Did it print the priming line correctly?

5. zemjw

zemjw New Member

The one time I have had this happen was when I interfered(*) with the print head during auto levelling. I assume my hand underneath it confused the height sensor and it thought it was further away from the print bed than it was. I have patched the hole in the print bed, but even under buildtak I can still see the outline :-(

It still works okay, but I have been thinking about buying a new print bed.

The only other time I came close was when I tried blue painter's tape, but it was so wrong even during levelling that I cancelled the print in time

Given that, my guess would be that something blocked one of the bits the robo uses for its bed levelling routine.

(*) I think I was cleaning a bit of plastic hanging out of the nozzle. Pesky OCD :)

6. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Could be that the bed is not level. I had a similar problem with my C2 printer when I first started using it. After many emails to Robo tech support, we determined that the frame was lower in the front than the rear of the printing platform. They sent me a new frame with instructions. After swapping out the platform and using leveling techniques pointed out by @mark-tomlinson
    the printer "just works!" as it should. I recommend contacting the Robo support folks and see what can be done to help.

mark tomlinson likes this.