1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered PID Tuning for the E3D V6

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Daniel Vaughan, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Daniel Vaughan

Daniel Vaughan New Member

i am trying to finish the last step of the V6 setup, the PID tuning, and mattercontrol terminal starts some endless error code loop right after running the autotune. something about "resend last line" because the number doesnt match the line. i really dont know what this means, i dont code. and i dont know why its happening. has anyone else come across this problem? i will probably be posting more questions as this printer has been nothing but trouble for me and getting close to going office space on it.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/pid-tuning-and-marlin.19468/

Look through that thread.

...And perhaps try a different host program than MatterControl.
    It is not the worlds best anything. I don't use it so I don't have any real insight specific to MatterControl (perhaps someone else can chime in) there are other free programs if you want to stay with free software (Cura, Repetier host and others).

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

You should have joined and posted sooner we can generally help you sort things out, but hardware problems will need you to talk to Robo directly for replacement parts (under warranty). Out of warranty we can show you how to fix it pretty cheap :)

Everyone here is a printer owner too.

Geof likes this.
  4. Daniel Vaughan

Yes, i know. i have been looking at threads a lot and asking other printer owners. i haven't been able to find solid answers to anything though. i did call robo support about something once and it deterred me from trying again. this is my first time joining a forum.

Geof likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Sadly that is the normal :(

6. Daniel Vaughan

So im switching to Cura and im hoping that will help. i have simplify3d, but its a copy my friend installed and i can only use through the sd card. so im not sure how i would run PID tuning without being able to input gcode directly. now im having trouble doing so through cura. it started running the autotune(i think) as the extruder started heating up. but there was no feedback and the extruder just stopped at 150c. is there a better terminal viewer in cura similar to the one in mattercontrol?

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I don't use any of them (not recently) so I can't say. Last one I did use was Repetier host and it had a fairly simple terminal window you could get to.

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Also unsure on cura or mattercontrol. We really need the code error from the log. Welcome to the forum by the way ! We can get you rolling for sure and understand your frustration :)