1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Tempurature setting changes randombly during print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Marcb, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Marcb

Marcb New Member

Hi,

This has happened a couple of times now and I am not sure why. I am still new to 3D printing so maybe its something obvious... Basically I will be printing something on my R2 with specific heat settings (Like 210C print head and 68C bed for example). Then I'll come back 10 minutes later and it will have changed to 195C print head and 60C bed.

It has always changed to those specific numbers. Is there a reason for this? maybe its a setting in Cura? it usually happens near the start of a print or sometime around the middle.

Thanks

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The priming line the R2/C2 print is at a fixed temperature so when that prints early on it will be at a temperature your slicer did not set.
    If it happens later in the print then it is solely on the slicer.

3. CdRsKuLL

CdRsKuLL Member

If you look at your start gcode in Octoprint then you will see these two lines.

M104 S230
    M140 S60

The first one sets your hotend to 230 then your bed to 60. This is only for the line it draws at the front of the printer. After that, it goes to your required settings. So, you may need to alter this if you're printing say ABS and require a hotter bed.

Once it's done the first line it then reverts back to whatever temperature you have in your slicer.

I thought it was an error at first, but no it's part of the start up procedure.

You could if you wish move the gcode to the start of your slicer.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I removed all that. I personally want my slicers settings to control the heat at all times- not octoprint. I hated the idea of having to change that temp line.

disclaimer: At this point everything has been removed from my start script except a G28 lol. works much more reliably ;)

TransBat and WheresWaldo like this.
  5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Geof likes this.