1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

How abrasive is glow in the dark filament?

Discussion in 'Filament' started by Marcb, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Marcb

Marcb New Member

Hi,

I got a sample of glow in the dark filament (about 20grams) from botfeeder.ca. I understand that it is an abrasive filament, but I am not sure how bad it is. will using this sample wear down my brass extruder nozzle significantly? or is it a small enough amount to be safe to print this one time?

Also, since im here, what nozzle do you use for more abrasive filaments in your R2 (is there a specific size or model to fit the r2), and where do you buy it? Im aware of the ruby nozzle, but its a bit expensive and always sold out.

Thanks

2. Grim

Grim New Member

It will take a while to wear down your nozzle. But if you use it on your R2 it will saw through the plastic. When I did it it sawed straight through the Filament sensor in only a few hours. Completely destroyed the sensor and the housing.

Marcb likes this.
  3. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Depends on the brand and type of filament. I currently use a TPU glow in the dark filament and the wear is no worse than straight PLA filament.