1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Cracked my bed on my R1 Plus

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by AkiraSieghart, Nov 11, 2018.

1. AkiraSieghart

AkiraSieghart New Member

Hi guys,

I temporarily swapped to ABS while I've been using PLA since I owned my printer. For ABS, I had the extruder at 250C and the print bed at 90C. My house is rather cold and when my print finished last night, it seems the bed cracked while cooling back down. So I'm pretty sure it's a goner. My question is: what do I do from here? Robo3D doesn't have a replacement listed in their parts section. Do I send them an email and see if they have more that are unlisted? Do I try to find a replacement from somewhere else? Any other solutions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you look through the forums you will see folks have replaced it with other types of materials (aluminum is most common).

I would suggest you CALL them not send an email as sometimes they do have spares, but.rarely anymore since they are only producing the C2/R2

3. John in MS

John in MS Active Member

I cracked mine months ago. I have a sheet off cut glass from Lowes on to of mine now

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Active Member

You could buy a 10" X 15" precut sheet of borosilicate glass, then transfer the heating element, insulation, thermistor, and 4 magnets. Another option is to cover the existing glass with Buildtak.