1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Can the printebed get hotter than 80 C? Robo R2

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Marcb, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Marcb

Marcb New Member

I am still relatively new to 3D printing, been printing a lot with PLA, and I've got that pretty well down. decided to try something new and print with ABS. Specifically I am using Formfutura Easyfil ABS. On their website, the heat bed recommendation is 90 to 110 C. so I set it to to 100 and let the printer warm up.

Once the bed reaches 80 degrees, it resets every time and cancels the print. So I was wondering if the printer could go above that or not? And if not, what have you done while printing ABS on your R2 to keep it warm and minimise warping.

Thanks

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

As a result of using an undersized heater element, you have issues getting the temperature above 80°C. It is not that it can't do it, it is rather that it takes so long Marlin (the firmware) times out and assumes the bed is no longer heating while still not up to temperature.

I have printed ABS successfully on the R2 with a bed of 80°C

Geof likes this.
  3. supercazzola

supercazzola Active Member

Also, I wonder if the power supply would handle it? I had issues when I was testing using 2 extruders and heating the bed to 60C. Would pull too much current and cause a power reboot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

R2 was intended for two extruders so I imagine it would be fine (assuming the power supply brick is putting out what it should).

However, that is but an assumption. :)
    My C2 works fine with two in there (at least as far as the power is concerned)

#4 mark tomlinson, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Geof likes this.
  5. supercazzola

supercazzola Active Member

Without breaking any NDA, I experienced issues with the chimera and the updated power supply for the R2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

mark tomlinson likes this.