1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Nothing is Printing Right

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Lindsey Bradshaw, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Lindsey Bradshaw

Lindsey Bradshaw New Member

Hi! So I'm a teacher and I have this C2 in my room. I've printed, maybe 1, successful thing. Everything keeps pulling off the bed, the filament keeps snapping, or the extruder just sticks in one spot. I'm by no means an expert on this thing and have had a ton of issues with it to the point Robo engineers just had me send it back and they rewired the whole thing. Now it's not working again. I'm ready to throw it away, but what a waste of a grant. I've changed the bed sticker and reset the Z setting too. Any ideas??? Thanks! robo 1.jpg robo 4.jpg robo 5.jpg robo 3.jpg robo 2.jpg

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I am moving this to the C2 section of the forum before responding. If it stays here you will not get seen by the right audience :)

We are all users here just like yourself (to set expectations) but we can certainly help you sort out the issues.
    If they involve replacement bits you will want to go back to Robo directly for that

3. Lindsey Bradshaw

Lindsey Bradshaw New Member

Thank you! Totally new to all of this!

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Lindsey,
    Congrats on your new machine and sorry to hear its such a nightmare for you. I'm certain we can get you going. Will you please print this :

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:66175

so we can get an idea of a known model we have all printed before and we can start trouble shooting with you.

On a side note if your near Illinois we can certainly meet up and go over your machine hands on.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Let me talk about the pictures first with some thoughts.
    From left to right and top to bottom:

1) The green "spaghetti monster" happens when you have an unattended print (because if you were watching it you would turn it off/stop the print before it gets to this point) that loses adhesion to the bed. The printer does not know that the model is loose and continues to push out filament.

2) Red ... I can't zoom in and see what is wrong there the picture is not really large enough to see what is happening, but the quality certainly looks poor.

3) the next red one and the bed is not level. I am going to point you to a site lined on one of our other members pages that talks about the first layer. This is the key to getting good consistent prints and while autoleveling helps it is not something that works perfectly in every case. Manual intervention is sometimes needed. You still can likely adjust yours to be better by working with the Autoleveling Wizard and the Fine Tuning Wizard more (the latter one is really important)

4) Not sure what you are circling here, if you are pointing to the filament coming from the nozzle or on the exterior of the nozzle (the brass part) that is often a sign that you are printing too hot for the filament. Every filament has a temperature range (usually printed on the box or spool) and the Robo default values for each filament type when you slice are also just "defaults" and in reality every spool cna be slightly different in terms of what is the "perfect" temperature to print it at. Even spools from the same vendor :) However usually brand name materials (like ColorFabb just as one example) will generally be fairly consistent between batches so once you find the sweet spot for that filament it will not change much. Experiment. I will post a video that may sort out how to tell if you are "right" with the print temperature. Here is a link that shows an example of "too hot" and the rest of that page is a wonderful troubleshooting guide with photos of examples to help you figure out what is wrong:

https://www.simplify3d.com/support/print-quality-troubleshooting/#overheating

5) This last one I am not sure what happened, but I suspect again it is the print not sticking.

My main advice would be to review this layer/leveling link I mentioned and while it is is demonstrating an R1 model, the information is all applicable to the R2/C2 and adjust your Bed Leveling Wizard and most importantly -- the fine tuning wizard until your first layer looks as the example does:

https://www.printedsolid.com/blogs/news/tagged/first-layer

For future reference if you post photos to a website like imagur for flickr you can upload them full-size and then post links to them in this forum and we can see the full-size images (I know the forum restricts image size a rather large amount so posting them directly is not feasible)

Video I suggested:

Geof likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Also, once you start the troubleshooting please feel free to post any additional questions :)

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If you don't get the first layer put down correctly then the print will generally have issues as it progresses and many failures can be traced to the print not adhering to either the bed or itself due to a poorly done first layer. The default RAFT that Robo enables in their slicer is a crutch that is supposed to help, but honestly you are better off getting the first layer right and not using that approach. For now, don't worry about it, leave it on.

Do some simple tests things like the test cubes are an excellent start. If you are not sure we can link small test models for you to try.

Slow and steady and we can help you get this thing going.

Geof likes this.
  8. EvanC2

EvanC2 New Member

You're not the only teacher that fell for the Robo being good for school marketing garbage.

If you cant get through the troubleshooting try to return it asap as Robo does not honor their warranty.

Carlos144Green likes this.