1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R2 with TGlase Clear

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Eric Viglotti, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Eric Viglotti

Eric Viglotti Member

Has anyone used this (http://taulman3d.com/t-glase-features.html) successfully with their R2 or R1+ even? I was printing a few different parts with it but then it didn't seem to extrude and seemed to clog the extruder. I put it to 230 to try to load and unload and it definitely seemed stuck. I eventually pushed it through but after that point, neither this nor even standard PLA would really extrude consistently so I think I killed the hotend or something.

Anyway, this happened with me with wood filament, but is something like this TGlase clear really that abrasive to the stock R2 hot end?

Thanks.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

230 seems pretty cold

3. Eric Viglotti

Eric Viglotti Member

That may be but that was just the R2's pre-set for change filament on something that isn't PLA. Plus, I was originally printing at 230 with this stuff, but like 3 times in a row I would get that darn heaterID = 0 failure at the exact same time on the first layer. So I started printing colder than that and only using 230 for changing filament.

I've been getting tons of these heater ID = 0 errors lately and best anyone can suggest is jiggling the cables and now I can't even bring it into the local Robo office in San Diego anymore since they don't do service anymore or something. But I digress...

So you're thinking 230 is even too cold for even changing or moving any of this filament through? Do you think in doing so it damaged the hot end and that's why now even printing PLA is jacked up?

Thanks.

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

It could be a failing heater cartridge. They are cheap to replace. I think I have a 40W in mine not the default 30W.

5. Eric Viglotti

Eric Viglotti Member

Good to know, thank you.

6. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

What happens in the firmware is that it checks temperatures more often than the firmware is designed to display them. It could be a momentary drop or increase in temperature beyond what is set up as a safe zone to trigger a fault, even if it never displays it on the LCD.

7. John Hartsough

John Hartsough New Member

I'm used to occassionally get that error, and the abrupt, premature, end to a print. I narrowed this down to jiggling of the wires. By bunching these up better i have avoided this error for many moons now. Just put some twist-ties around them. Try to keep them away from contact at the extremes of movement. I'm guessing the jiggling caused a momentary short, or spike, leading to the false temperature reading, and subsequent error.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

8. bill Snyder

bill Snyder Member

For T-glase I do 145/70 on my R2. Fans off!! Speed 30. Great stuff. Loading is tough as the extruder motor goes too fast for it. Speed and fans off very important or I get a disconnect for falling extruder temp.

9. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

@bill Snyder I hope you mean 245°C/70°C, since nothing will extrude at 145°C except maybe toothpaste.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  10. bill Snyder

bill Snyder Member

yes i did.